Sephora.com, Inc.

Jan 12, 2012

My minty wakeup routine

I’m just going to say it: I’m not a morning person.  I’ll never understand those people who get up early and work out BEFORE going to work in the morning.  I don’t like when people call me or speak to me before 10:00 am.  I’m just never going to be Susie Sunshine in the morning.  So I need a little motivation to get my butt through the door in the morning, and the shower can make all the difference.  A lack of hot water in my apartment, so something other shower-related fiasco could ruin the first part of my day.  However, I’ve found some delicious treats that help wake me and energize me for the day ahead.
Seaweed Bath Company's Wildly Natural Seaweed Soothing Body Wash ($16.89)- This 100% natural body wash is tingly, minty, and fresh smelling.  It has moisturizers such as Kukui oil, Neem oil, and Spirulina.  And a bonus for anybody that’s not a size 0, this product helps to fight cellulite with its superstar ingredient; Bladderwrack seaweed extract.  Now the main purpose of including the Bladderwrack isn't necessarily to fight off cellulite, but it has proven health benefits.  Back in the day this type of seaweed was used as a source of iodine to treat thyroid problems, among other maladies.  Even if you're not interested in the potential health benefits of the product, you can certainly get on board with the way it smells, cleans, and moisturizes the skin.  


Pureology Hydrate Conditioner ($27)- I use the Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner these days, and both smell incredible.  The shampoo has rose, sandalwood, green tea, Ylang Ylang, bergamot, and a smidge of patchouli, so it smells like no other shampoo on the market.  But the conditioner is extra special because it contains 3 different peppermint oils that stimulate the scalp and totally wakes me up in the morning.  And not in an aggressive, this-is-burning-my-scalp-type-o-way, but in a salon-experience-at-home-type-o-way.  Besides the wakeup call, it's great for color retention, and contains all types of moisturizing ingredients.  Soy, oat, & wheat proteins.  Jojoba and Shea Butter.  Vegan.  Sulfate free.  I can't say enough how much I love this stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...