Sephora.com, Inc.

Dec 23, 2011

My makeup diary: December 23, 2011

I'm traveling today and I often find it difficult to remain fresh-faced after sitting next to random strangers on mass transit for several hours.  My game plan is to look natural and glowy, but not take my whole day doing it.  This is my strategy:
Mirabella Blush Color Duo in Radiant ($30)- This is, of course, a duo, but I'm using the peachy-orange color from this palette today.

Becca Luminous Skin Colour in Toast ($42)- This is like a lightweight foundation and tinted moisturizer hybrid and I'm absolutely obsessed.  I found this at the Makeup Show in May and have never looked back.  This is definitely my go-to face color, and it's super moisturizing so I don't get that crackly, dried-out feeling that I so often get while traveling.

L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara (about $8)- I may or may not be trying this out today simply because Gwen Stefani is the L'Oreal spokeswoman and I've always been obsessed with her.  (I'm Just A Girl came out when I was at a very angst-y teenager so my love for her dates back to the 90's).  I have to say I kind of love how my lashes look with it on (long and feathery!) but we'll have to see how it holds up while I'm traveling today.    
Mai Couture Social Gloss in Femme Fatale ($28)- Mai Couture is another brand I discovered at The Makeup Show and have been in love with since.  This gloss contains plant extracts to keep lips plump and moisturized, and is paraben-free.  My lips are pretty light, sort of blending in to my skin instead of standing out.  I find this color to be a nice, natural pink for someone like me whose lips tend to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...