Sephora.com, Inc.

Nov 18, 2011

So many candles, so little time

I admittedly have a bit of an obsession with candles.  I tend to go for more fresh, clean fragrances with my candles, but around the holidays I take a turn for spicier scents.  These more sophisticated candles make great Holiday gifts, but I may or may not have taken all of these for myself...
Right now I'm burning Balenciaga's L'essence candle ($65)  which comes housed in a delicately-etched silver tin that I'm totally going to re-use after the candle is burnt out.  This is my Saturday night scent because it's super sexy with notes of violet in contrast with mossy notes, and I love burning this while I'm getting ready to go out.  This would be a great gift for a mother-in-law because it's so sophisticated.   

I burn the Achipelago Botanicals Arugula candle in my apartment year-round, but lately when I'm cooking I've been liking this Caramel candle ($30).  I've been trying to cut back on the actual dessert, and while this is no substitute for a delicious cupcake, it smells better than any dessert I've actually made myself.  This would make a great gift for one of my co-workers, who is as obsessed with delicious caramel as I am!

I've been itching to burn my Caldrea Balsam Fir Plum candle ($25), but I'm waiting until the day after Thanksgiving, because that's when my mother puts her Christmas tree up every year.  This candle totally smells like a Christmas tree, but has this interesting note of plum happening.  Like the Balenciaga candle, the container is definitely reusable as decoration somewhere around the apartment, but my favorite part is that you don't even really need to wrap it!  The box is so festive as is, I think I would just wrap this with red ribbon before giving one as a gift. 

Juliette Has A Gun's Marilyn candle ($58) is an homage to Ms. Monroe, with a feminine, powdery scent.  This is kept in my bedroom, but I certainly won't bore you with those gory details!    I'm definitely going to be buying more of these to give as gifts for my cooler, more edgy friends. 











Many thanks to the aforementioned candle-making geniuses for sending me these candles and further feeding my obsession! 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...