Sephora.com, Inc.

Nov 6, 2011

New discovery for men's holiday gift-giving: Otter Creek

As a beauty guru, I take pride in knowing a lot about different brands of hair products and makeup, but I'm always on the lookout for men's products as well.  I'm always looking for great gifts for my dad or my brothers, but co-habitation with the opposite sex has definitely lead to me using my poor boyfriend as a guinea pig for a multitude of products.  But whether it's for the bf, the brothers, or the dad, there are always certain issues when it comes to trying new products.  They won't use anything that's in a "pretty" bottle, but anything that's in a black or manly bottle is ok for some reason.  Lotion is often out of the question for some strange reason that I have yet to figure out.  And don't even get me started about the cheap 3-in-1 face/hair/body wash from the drugstore that men so often gravitate towards.  But recently the brand Otter Creek has been brought to my attention and this could be a breakthrough!
For starters, the bottles are super-manly.  You can see that for yourself...

Grit Happens scrubbing body wash ($18) gets all the gross stuff off your man, whether it's just a little sweat or if it's straight-up motor oil.  But it doesn't smell too harsh (with that gross "pine"scent that guys love so much), it smells of energizing citrus with notes of coconut and lime.

Definitely psyched about Snake Skin body lotion ($18) because it's lightweight, smells great (citrus-y and fresh), and has a ton of ingredients.  Aloe helps with too much sun exposure, chamomile & cucumber are soothing, and Shea Butter provides massive moisture, but they don't have to know all that! All they have to know is it's lightweight and the bottle looks like a reptile.

And lastly, the dreaded multiple-use wash.  Sasq(wash) 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash ($18) caught my attention because... well, because the name is hilarious... but it kept my attention because of the ingredients.  If you're going to do a 2-in-1 or a 3-in-1, usually it's super-drying, but Sasq(wash) has great ingredients like keratin, soy protein, and aloe.  Those moisturizing ingredients, along with the ocean-fresh smell, make for suds that are actually allowed in my bathroom!

For more info on the other Otter Creek products that are out there, or to purchase the products above, please visit www.OCreek.com, and enjoy a fresh, clean, moisturized man this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...