Sephora.com, Inc.

Oct 14, 2011

Footloose nail colors by Deborah Lippmann (and a rant from a child of the 80's)

OK, so before I get in to the extremely awesome Deborah Lippmann collection of Footloose-inspired nail colors, I’m going to get in a to a little 80’s-nostalgia rant.  I don’t know what it is about us crazy 80’s babies, but we don’t like anybody touching our movies.  When I heard that they were remaking Footloose, my first response was absolute horror.  You would’ve thought someone kicked my dog, it was that visceral of a response.   Before I even saw the trailer, I had already written this movie off as awful.  Why do people who grew up in the 80’s get like that about their movies?  You’d think I’d be all for this movie since I’m a dance-teacher-turned-beauty-blogger that has seen every awful dance movie ever made.  
Though I’m hesitant, I think it’s my official duty as an 80’s ambassador and dancer extraordinaire to go see this movie and silently judge the people in/people who made it.  I MAY bring a box of tissues JUST IN CASE I actually end of liking it and cry during the emotional scenes. 
Anyhoo, something good to come out of this whole movie remake situation is the movie-inspired nail colors by Deborah Lippmann.  These 4 HSN-exclusive colors are beyond adorable.  They come in sets of 2 ($32 each set).  One set includes Almost Paradise (cue me singing in the shower), a pistachio color inspired by the VW Beetle from the movie, and Footloose, a red inspired by Julianne Hough’s cowgirl boots in the movie.  


The other set includes Let’s Hear It For The Boy, a baby blue that was inspired by acid-wash jeans (and thusly stole my heart), and Dancing In The Sheets, a deeper bluish-purple that was inspired by the movie’s Prom scene after the dancing ban is lifted.  (Wait, is that a spoiler alert?  I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I’m assuming the ban gets lifted since that’s what happens in the original). 


I’m absolutely obsessed with these colors!  They make me want to see the movie a little more now…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...