Sephora.com, Inc.

Jun 10, 2011

The Makeup Show debuts in Chicago this weekend


For the first time ever Chicago is going to get hit with The Makeup Show. I must say I'm a little jealous, because I've been missing The Makeup Show NYC. If you're in Chicago, these are some the amazing things you can look forward to at the show this weekend:
MAKE UP FOR EVER launched their new Aqua Liner at the show in NYC. An utterly waterproof liquid liner in all the basic colors, and then every bright you can think up.
Sam Fine will be at the show givingkeynote seminars about a career in makeup artistry.
As well as Crystal Wright and Michael DeVellis, holding a forum on how to market yourself as an artist.
Great brands such as Stila, Smashbox, Kevyn Aucoin, and SO so so many more will be there.
Definitely check out Embryollise while you're there. The Lait Créme Concentre is a staple in every pro makeup artist's kit (or should be). Some other great items to check out are the new Redensifient eye cream and facial serum. Look out for the Lait Créme Scintillant, which is like the Lait Créme Concentre with a subtle shimmer. I can't wait to try that one! I bet it will be a great makeup base and give a dewey finish to any look.



Inglot just launched their largest Freedom Palette ever, where you can customize your own 40 color shadow palette.
And on a very personal note, I've finally found the perfect foundation! Thanks to the good folks at Becca Cosmetics, I've found a shade of their Luminous Skin Colour foundation (Toast-$42) that looks like a second skin on me.
This foundation has an SPF of 25, and vitamins A, B, D & E to moisturize, protect against the elements, and improve skin tone. That's one hard-working foundation if you ask me. All I had asked for was to match my skin tone but ended up getting so much more. For those days when I'm feeling like I need a little concealer, their Compact Concealer shade in Macadamia ($38) is the one I'll choose.
With 33 shades to choose from, you're sure to find a shade that can work for you. This concealer has 2 formulas in the compact, 1 more opaque, drier formula for more coverage like on a blemish or scar, and a creamier, lighter weight version for places like under the eye area. Rumor has it that the founder, Becca herself, wears the same foundation/concealer combo as me!
If you're at The Makeup Show definitely check out their latest shade ranges from spring/summer.
Becca Halcyon Days color palette.
Becca Beach Tint in Guava.
For more information on The Makeup Show, please visit their website. Oh, and did I mention you can get all the fabulous products above at the Pro Discount? Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...