Sephora.com, Inc.

Apr 4, 2011

New and noteworthy products



One would think that I'd get sick of experimenting with new products eventually. Well, one would be wrong. With a steady flow of new makeup, hair products, skin care, and occasionally nail polish thrown my way, I'm like a kid in a candy store. What really sucks? When I don't like the products. It becomes quite the moral dilemma because I don't want to become one of those really negative basher bloggers, but I feel the overwhelming necessity to be brutally honest,

sometimes making social situations quite awkward. So you will NOT see products that I don't like on this blog (except for the occasional rant) in order to remain positive. What you will see are the products that I personally believe are top notch. Which brings me to some of my new faves that have recently launched (or I've only just discovered them)... These are products that I feel deliver what they promise on the package. It's not all talk ladies.


Nécolleté Age Reversal for Neck and Chest by Osmotics ($75)- Because I don’t really think about moisturizing my neck, but I’m not getting any younger and I definitely don’t want to develop that weird turkey-neck thing that grandmas tend to get. Granted I’m 30 and not 60, but is it ever to early to start thinking about these things? The delicate skin on your neck and décolleté is often one of the first places to really show sun damage, and it also loses its firmness due to collagen breakdown. Nécolleté contains Shea Butter, Vitamin A, and Soybean proteins, among other ingredients, to promote elasticity, increase firmness, soften skin, and improve skin's natural production of hyaluronic acid (which moisturizes and fights sagging skin).



Dr Remedy nail polish ($17 each)- I paint my nails at least twice a week. Excessive? Maybe. But I save a boatload of cash by doing my own mani at home. (Which in turn is spent on makeup, so I suppose "saving" is not the appropriate word here). What I like about Dr. Remedy polish is that it contains Tea Tree Oil, so nails that would normally be depleted of moisture by repeated nail polish use are still strong and healthy. Free from toxins (like DBP and formaldehyde), and enriched with ingredients like wheat protein and vitamin E, these polishes are actually approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association. This line was invented by doctors, so they can also be used by pregnant women. Bet you never put that much thought in to your nail polish before, eh? Visit their website for more info.




John Frieda Full Repair Touch-up Flyaway Tamer ($9.99)- Such a simple idea, but so perfect. You can take it with you anywhere because it's the same size (and applicator brush) as mascara. The Full Repair line was conceptualized by the team at John Frieda when they saw a common problem amongst stylish women: short, broken hairs, and damaged ends caused by constant heat styling and coloring. Full Repair is meant to restore the hair's brilliance by using Inca Inchi, a micro-oil packed with Omega-3's. Inca Inchi is meant to coat broken strands, rather weigh hair down. I absolutely love the Flyaway Tamer! It totally works on my little broken

baby hairs that I have up front from styling my bangs. (Also check out the Perfect Ends Sheer Mist to protect hair from heat styling before you blowdry).



Klorane mousse with chamomile ($14)- This is for all you blondies out there. (No, I don't have blonde hair anymore, but I recently got some delicious highlights at the ends of my hair from the amazing Aura Friedman. Go see her!) This mousse is formulated with Egyptian Chamomile, which has natural brightening powers. It also has plant extracts to add volume and shine to the hair, without using harsh sulfates, parabens, or sodium chloride. Those culprits break down the natural keratin in your hair, so Klorane is committed to not using them in their products. Instead you have a product that gives you volume, tames flyaways, and accentuates your highlights.


Lavera makeup- I knew that Lavera had a natural skincare line (my personal fave product is the self-tanner) but had no idea they carried makeup too! I was very excited to find this out, as you can imagine. For those of you who are looking for a natural makeup line, I'd definitely recommend this one. The colors in the line comes from flower extracts and skin is kept healthy with organic oils. Each product is cruelty-free, paraben-free, and free of synthetic fillers like petroleum. The product is affordable as well, with foundation packed with argan oil and vitamin E at $20 a pop, eyeliner made with organic beeswax at $13, and softening lip gloss with jojoba oil at $15.

Philosophy Hope In A Tinted Moisturizer ($38)- It's probably no secret if you're a regular reader of this blog that I'm just a teensy bit obsessed with Philosophy. Hope In A Jar moisturizer has saved my skin during winter months, so I'll try just about anything they create on my skin. New Hope In A Tinted Moisturizer is the perfect combination of lightweight coverage and moisturizing agents. Humectants leave skin moisturized, while simultaneously protecting from harmful outside agents that want to suck the moisture from your skin. Vitamins C and E help protect against the collagen breakdown of the skin. Peptides soothe dry or irritated skin, and, of course, there is SPF20 to protect agains the sun's harmful rays. I can't think of another tinted moisturizer out there that has all these moisturizing and protecting factors built in. And did I mention that I love the weight of it on my skin? It doesn't feel mask-like or cakey. It's simply perfect.




Photos and product samples courtesy of Philosophy, Lavera, John Frieda, Osmotics, Dr. Remedy, and Klorane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...