Sephora.com, Inc.

Apr 22, 2011

I'm off to Mexico!


Just wanted to let you know the blogging will probably be non-existant for the next few days as I'm off to a romantic getaway in Mexico. Never one to leave my dear readers in the dust for more than a few days, I've decided that you can stay with me in spirit in a few ways. First, we need to get your bronze Goddess look going, so here are a few fun products to do that with.
Guerlain Terra Indigo 4-shade eyeshadow ($59)-
This is a fun product because the colors can be used together or separately. There is a bright blue, an intense orange, a light brown, and a dark brown shade, but the whole palette has a delicious golden speckle to it. This is a great shadow if you're embracing that whole 70's vibe right now, or if you're doing a day to night look after work.

Laura Geller Air Whipped Bronzer in South Beach or Cocoa Beach ($29.75)-
One of the many things that I love about Laura Geller's products is that many of them come with a brush so there is no guesswork as to what you should be using during the application process. This product is so amazing to me not because of the brush, but because of the mousse texture. I'm so over powder blushes and bronzers as of late, and this creamy formula gives you a fabulous dewey look (which looks more like a healthy tan and less like a dry, crusty fake tan to me). This product is unlike the bronzers of yesterday and is actually soothing for the skin with its formula that is paraben free, fragrance free, and contains vitamins C & E.
So now that you're bronze and delicious, why not have a drink in my honor? (Cause I will DEFINITELY be having some cocktails on my little vacation). Since I love tequila, my friends at Tequila Avión recommended their Coral Crush to me. Here's the recipe!

Tequila Avión Coral Crush

Ingredients:

2 Sweet Strawberries

¾ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice

1 oz. Agave Nectar

2 oz. Tequila Avión

2 oz. Dry Champagne

Method: Muddle strawberries in a shaker; add the remaining ingredients (except champagne) in the shaker. Shake vigorously and then finely strain into a champagne flute or coupe. Float 2 oz. dry champagne on top and garnish with strawberry slice.


I'll miss you peeps... but I'll definitely be bringing my Ipad with me, so you can expect some tweets and some Facebook action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...