Sephora.com, Inc.

Oct 31, 2010

Discussing the newest hair trends with Rodrigo from Sally Hershberger Downtown

It's no surprise that I think Sally Hershberger's downtown NYC salon is THE place to go for edgy, sexy hair. I decided that this was just the place to investigate the latest hair trends... and to get a blowout for Saturday night....in the name of research of course. I opted to chat with Rodrigo, who started assisting Sally Hershberger his very first day out of the Aveda Institute. That's a high honor indeed for someone to be mentored by the queen of cuts, so I figured that he was the best person to ask what the hottest new style is.
So what is the coveted cut of the season? The bob! Keira Knightley debuted her new bob during Paris Fashion Week and fashionistas have been begging for it ever since.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images.

While this is a timeless style, the staff at Hershberger Downtown have quite the knack for
updating it. Rodrigo understands that not every face has incredible bone structure like Keira's, so he has some recommendations for suiting your face shape. Dependent on your face shape you can go longer or shorter with the bob, and even put some face-framing layers in the style to accentuate your cheek bones. If you have an oval face shape like myself, you're in luck! You have the perfect face for any type of bob, and you can even rock the shortest of styles like the pixie cut.
Going short is definitely a trend Rodrigo is seeing, but never fear long-haired Goddesses. If you're not quite ready to bob it, you can still edge your hair up a bit. Layers and fringe are a good way to liven up long locks, or you can try some of these fantastic products.
Sally Hershberger's Smooth Fix is a lightweight glossing spray that won't weigh your hair down and smells phenomenal (like a day at the beach!).

























Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer finishing spray is Rodrigo's favorite product to use on almost every client. This finishing spray is good to use on multiple hair types because it gives a long-lasting hold, but doesn't feel stiff.























Rodrigo used Shu Uemura's Ample Angora volumizing foam before blowdrying my hair to give volume to my fine hair. He also used Sally Hershberger's Mineral Spray to give texture to my layers and my long bangs.



















Many thanks to Palmer Cash for my "1979" tee and to Levi's for my Curve ID skinny jeans. And many thanks to Rodrigo for giving me body galore and helping to tame my bangs that I'm trying to grow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...