Sephora.com, Inc.

Oct 18, 2010

Benz on a budget: re-creating runway looks at home

It is often a challenge to re-create runway looks at home when you're on a budget like myself. Once I have an outfit in my head, I can't stop until I have it. Unfortunately I don't always have oodles of cash to buy the exact look from New York Fashion Week shows, but what fun would that be anyways? I do love a good challenge. Welcome to my thought process while recreating a runway look.
The look:
Richard Chai Fall 2010 runway show. I love the rugged boots with the feminine maxi-length skirts and dresses. And layering is crucial when dealing with fall in New York, so a grandfather cardi is a great way to prolong the life of some of your lightweight clothing.
























The budget:
$200 for this look. All the pieces should be versatile enough to go with other items in my wardrobe for fall.

The items:
I just purchased this dress from Asos dress that I saw at the Teen Vogue and Asos Fashion Night Out runway show. Dress was originally $84.25, now on sale for $23.59.






















Above right photo courtesy of Asos.com.


Striped cardigan from ModCloth ($73.99):























Combat boots from Urban Outfitters ($68):























For a fresh, natural makeup look, I'll use Mark's M. Powerment Peach lip gloss ($6) and Essie's Sew Psyched nail color ($8).















































Grand total for this look: $179.58. Just under my $200 budget!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...