Sephora.com, Inc.

Jul 11, 2010

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream- completely waterproof color





With this recent heat wave I've been finding it difficult to keep the sweat from ruining my makeup. Not a pretty picture, I must admit. That's when it's time to turn to the professionals. MAKE UP FOR EVER is a company that makes professional makeup accessible to any woman in the vicinity of a Sephora store (or a computer and a credit card). They are leaders in the high-def makeup arena, and if you go backstage at a fashion show or movie set, you're likely to find the makeup artist using their products. Now they've made a collection of waterproof colors that meets the needs of professional makeup artists that work in extreme environments. Aqua cream ($22) is made for those artists who do water photo shoots, work on outdoor film sets, or work in humid temperatures. If it works for them, it can surely get me to the subway and back in 101 degree weather, right?


MAKE UP FOR EVER promises that their Aqua Cream is smudge-proof, waterproof, and tear proof. It's also not supposed to crease or transfer on to your clothes, so I put it to the test this week on one of the hottest days. Armed with nothing but Aqua cream in shade #14 on my eyes, shade #5 on my lips and cheeks, and a little mascara, I set out about my 12-hour day with high hopes. 1 full work day, 1 full event night, 3 subway rides, and an extremely exhausting walk home, my makeup still looked flawless. Unfortunately, my hair didn't have the same kind of luck.
































Aqua cream is available in 22 shades that can be mixed and matched on eyes, lips, and cheeks. I used my colors alone, but they can be layered underneath powder shadows or blushes, and lip gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...