Sephora.com, Inc.

May 29, 2010

My Beach Bag

Making plans for memorial day weekend has snuck up on me and I was given only moments to throw together a bag for my weekend getaway. Lucky for me, I have a plethora of beauty products to choose from. (Cue your surprise that I have all these beauty products just sitting around my apartment). Besides the mandatory bathing suits, cover-ups, and dresses, this is what I'm packing in my bag this weekend:
Oscar Blandi Capri Sun Shield Spray- ($20) Because you have to protect your color from the harsh sun. Unless of course you want your color-treated locks to be a shade of orange that should only be worn on your fingernails.



















M.A.C.'s new To The Beach collection- subtle and sun-kissed colors make it easy to look luminous in only moments. I will be donning the frost lipstick in Beachbound ($14), and To The Beach Bronze Body Oil ($22).












































Don't forget your SPF! I like Neutrogena Sensitive Skin or Pure and Free Baby sunblock in SPF 60 (approx $9). I know that power sounds a little harsh since I'm not an infant, but I prefer to look all smooth-as-a-baby's-bottom, as opposed to same-color-as-a-brown-Cole-Haan-hobo-bag. Later in the day I like to use the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling body mist sunblock in SPF 45 (also $9). It's a fine spray that gives you thorough coverage, and it just feels nice to cool down at the end of a long day.

























Korres Yoghurt Cooling Gel- ($23.50) An after-sun gel that's soothing, cooling, and moisturizing. What more could you ask for after sun, sand, and saltwater have been abusing you all afternoon? This product is extremely helpful if you forgot to listen to the above advice about proper SPF coverage. It has anti-inflammatory agents that help promote skin's recovery after a sunburn.

























Buff nail polish- not just because it looks chic, but because your nail color will inevitably chip at some point during the weekend. If it doesn't, then you're certainly not having any fun. If you're wearing one of the gorgeous buff colors that are on the market now, it will be far less noticeable than a bright color. Try Essie's Nude Attitude ($8).





















Deep Conditioner- Although the salt will give your hair great texture all weekend, by the end of the weekend you're certainly going to wish that you kept your locks conditioned while you were away. My two faves: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, and Moroccanoil Deep Treatment conditioner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...