Sephora.com, Inc.

Mar 24, 2010

Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution- Spa Week at Home!


With Spa Week creeping closer and closer, I've decided to do a little preparatory pampering. There are several activities on my list (stay tuned!) but I thought I'd start with a beauty secret from way back: Epsom Salt. Epsom Salt is not just for your Grandma's wrinkly, sore, old feet. No! It has numerous health and beauty benefits, and you can take advantage of some updated, wonderful-smelling versions. My personal favorite is Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution (about $5 for a hefty bag). I use the version that contains Eucalyptus and Spearmint essential oils, which makes my bathroom smell incredible, but it also comes in a Lavender formula for those who can use help sleeping. Epsom salts have historically been known as foot-soaks, but they are good for muscle tension, healing bruises, and exfoliating the skin. That's just the external benefits. Because of various reasons (mostly diet and agriculture) many Americans are Magnesium deficient, and an Epsom salt soak is the easiest way to absorb some into your blood. This can help your nervous system, relieve stress, and help prevent heart disease. And, really, what's more beautiful than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...