Sephora.com, Inc.

Feb 26, 2010

USA/Vanity Fair Host "Character Approved" Awards last night in NYC

Why is it that every time I have to wear a cocktail dress to an event it just happens to be on the night of a blizzard? I'm glad that I braved the elements for this particular event for several reasons. I mean, the free booze is always a key factor in my decision... but I was particularly excited to hear that the Broadway cast of American Idiot would be performing. For those of you who don't know, on March 24th we're going to be blessed with a musical that is based on the Grammy award-winning album "American Idiot" by Green Day. I must admit, being a fan of Green Day since the "Dookie" days, I was a little afraid that this Broadway cast was taking on music that just doesn't belong in a musical. I was pleasantly surprised by the performance (they sang 3 songs from the album last night) and even more enthralled after talking with some members of the cast. They worked really closely with the band in order to make it about the album, and not about being a cheesy musical. Don't get me wrong, I love a cheesy musical, but I was impressed by the devotion of the cast members that I had a moment to speak with.












Besides the performance, the whole point of the awards show was to honor various "characters" for their achievements in arenas such as art, tv, fashion, and even video games. My favorite characters were Green Day (obvs), Narcisco Rodriguez, and the guys that invented Guitar Hero.
Plenty of USA stars like Tamara Tunie and Matt Bomer struggled through the snow to get to the party as well. Unlike myself, they probably didn't have to go to work today.
Matt and I were both wearing Calvin.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...